My Gifting


You might be wondering why I ventured into the marketing communications, launch management and virtual assistance line of business. Which is a great question!

ADMINISTRATIVE ROLE

About 13 years ago, I was awarded the change to work in the marketing department of my church as an administrative assistant. It was in this position where I gained all my administrative skills.

COMMUNICATIONS ROLE

Upon proving myself in that role, I was promoted to the communications coordinator where I made sure we had all the communications/writing for all our platforms (print, email, web, etc). I worked directly with our contract copywriter to make sure we had everything in place. I also helped to monitor and update our social media platforms. In this role, part of my responsibility was some light project management in order to help out our very overworked project manager.

PROJECT MANAGEMENT ROLE

After about 2 years in this role, our project manager was promoted to project director and I was promoted to a project manager right under her. I was in the project management role for six years.

In this role, I was truly in my sweet spot. It’s where my administrative gifting truly got to be put to work.

I became an expert in our department and was the go to person for any needs. I worked closely with our social media manager and made sure she knew everything she needed to be posting about and got her all the elements she needed to do so.

I was promoted to senior project manager and was in charge of training any new project managers that joined the team.

WEB ROLE

As a part of that role, I began working closely with the web team. I helped to set up our new website and learned all the web platforms and helped with email campaigns, website updates, app updates and registrations.

TODAY AND HOW ALL OF THIS PREPARED ME FOR THIS BUSINESS

Upon moving to a new state in Florida after working for my church for 11 years, I decided to launch out on my own and start From the Desk of Shan.com.

As you can see, in my previous roles I learned all the aspects of my marketing communications & launch management focus from web updates, social media management and email campaigns. This really is my sweet spot. I love launches and helping to implement them!

Also, with my giftings in the administrative, my past role prepared me to be a virtual assistant and support business owners so they can truly focus on the bigger things in their business while I help with the smaller things. I love being able to do this work!

This article is from the series, About From the Desk of Shan.com.


Read Part 1 in this series here.

Read Part 2 in this series here.

Comments